So you have joined the thousands of people which drop their iPhone's or iPad, this can be anything from a harmless knock, to a more severely damaged phone. Either-way this issue is going to need to be repaired.
There are however a couple of quick checks that can be done to self diagnose the issue yourself.
1. If the screen is cracked but the light still emits and can still be used, then it is just the front glass which has been effected, this however is not as good news as it sounds as all iPhone screens are one part so the front screen will need replacing.
2. If the screen is cracked or unbroken but the screen is black try taking your phone off of mute and plugging the phone into a charger, if it vibrates and/or makes a sound. Then still bad news but better than the alternative, and this is your front screen will need replacing.
3. If the phone does not switch on and you have tried the above steps. Then there may be multiple issues caused by the drop, which will only be discovered once a diagnostic has been carried out. We offer a diagnostic service that can help you identify the issue and then we can give you a price on the repair.
All of the above repairs can be found on our website on the following link:
Simply select your device and find the repair relating to what is needed.
Currently we only offer iPhone Screen repair but we will be expanding our device list to android and other models of phones.
Please get in touch if you need more than one device repairing as we can offer a quote with a discount on selected repairs.
Accidents happen, and sometimes our beloved iPhones end up with a smashed screen. Whether it slipped out of your hand, got crushed in your bag, or fell off the table, a cracked or shattered screen can be a frustrating experience. But how do you know if your iPhone screen is actually smashed? In this blog post, we will explore the symptoms of a smashed iPhone screen and what you can do about it.
1. Visible cracks or shattered glass
The most obvious symptom of a smashed iPhone screen is visible cracks or shattered glass. If you see any cracks or the glass is completely shattered, it's a clear indication that your iPhone screen is damaged.
2. Unresponsive touch screen
Another symptom of a smashed iPhone screen is an unresponsive touch screen. If you're unable to tap or swipe on certain areas of the screen, or if the touch screen doesn't respond at all, it's likely due to the damage caused by the smash.
3. Bleeding or distorted display
A smashed iPhone screen can also result in a bleeding or distorted display. This means that you may see patches of colour, lines, or other abnormalities on the screen. The damage to the screen can interfere with the display's ability to show images correctly.
4. Black or blank screen
In some cases, a smashed iPhone screen may result in a black or blank screen. This means that the screen doesn't display anything at all, making it impossible to use the device. If you can't see anything on your iPhone screen, it's likely due to the damage caused by the smash.
5. Glass shards or loose pieces
If your iPhone screen is smashed, you may also notice glass shards or loose pieces. These can be dangerous, as they can cause cuts or injuries. It's important to handle a smashed iPhone screen with caution and avoid touching any loose glass.
What to do if your iPhone screen is smashed?
If you're experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, it's important to take action to address the issue. Here are a few steps you can take: